What is a Vision board?
A vision board is a collage of images and words that represent a person's goals, dreams, and aspirations.
What are the benefits of vision boards?
Clarifying and defining your goals: By putting your goals and aspirations down on paper (or on a board), you can get a clearer sense of what you want to achieve and how you want to live your life.
Visualizing your future: Seeing images and words that represent your goals can help you visualize what it will be like to achieve them and can help you stay motivated to work towards them.
Increasing motivation and focus: Having a visual reminder of your goals can help you stay motivated and focused on working towards them, rather than getting sidetracked or losing sight of what you want to achieve.
Manifesting your goals: Some people believe that creating a vision board can help you manifest your goals by putting your desires and intentions out into the universe.
Improving your mindset: A vision board can help you shift your mindset from a negative or limiting one to a more positive and expansive one, which can help you stay motivated and focused on your goals.
Celebrating your progress: As you achieve your goals, you can look back at your vision board and celebrate your progress, which can help boost your confidence and motivation to continue working towards your dreams.
What should you include in your vision board?
You can put anything that represents your goals, aspirations, and desires, such as images of places you want to visit, career goals, personal growth objectives, and quotes or affirmations that inspire you.
How do I create a vision board?
You can start by gathering images and words that represent your goals and aspirations, and then arrange them on a physical board or create a digital version using a program like Canva.
Where should I put my vision board?
You can put your vision board anywhere that you will see it regularly, such as in your bedroom, office, or living room.
How often should I review my vision board?
Repetition is the key so so it's a good idea to review your vision board regularly, perhaps once a week or once a month, to keep your goals top of mind and stay motivated to work towards them.
Can I change or update my vision board?
Yes, you can change or update your vision board as your goals and aspirations evolve. It's a good idea to review your vision board periodically to see if there are any goals that you have achieved or if there are any new goals that you want to add.
Is it okay if my vision board includes things that seem unrealistic or out of reach?
Absolutely! Your vision board is a representation of your dreams and aspirations, and it's okay to include things that may seem unrealistic or out of reach. In fact, having big, bold goals can be very motivating and can help you stretch yourself and think outside the box. People have said how their lives have changed beyond their wildest dreams or imaginations but if you want to put limits, your vision might still go outside your limits.
27 Vision Board Ideas
If you'd like some ideas for your vision board, the list below is compiled from people that have had fulfilling lives.
Here are 27 potential idea goals to consider as ingredients for your vision board:
- Travel to new places and experience different cultures.
- Learn a new skill or hobby.
- Get a higher education or degree.
- Achieve financial stability and independence.
- Establish a fulfilling career or business.
- Find and build meaningful relationships with friends and loved ones.
- Take care of one's physical and mental health.
- Contribute to a cause or issue that is important to you.
- Buy a house or other property.
- Start a family.
- Take a trip or adventure that you have always dreamed of.
- Learn a new language.
- Get in shape and improve physical fitness.
- Volunteer your time to help others.
- Write a book or create some other form of art.
- Get involved in your community and make a positive impact.
- Find a fulfilling job or career that aligns with your values.
- Build a support network of friends and loved ones.
- Learn to manage stress and lead a balanced life.
- Read more books or learn about a new topic.
- Take care of your personal and professional development.
- Explore new hobbies and interests.
- Set financial goals and work towards achieving them.
- Learn to cook new dishes or become more proficient in the kitchen.
- Take time to relax and pursue leisure activities.
- Practice gratitude and focus on the positive aspects of life.
- Set and work towards personal goals that align with your values and interests.